Thursday, March 21, 2013

Waldorf Dolls - The Zen Doll



Have a hundred interests, find one passion.

I'm still working on that, one interest at the time and right now, I'd love to share my most recent one, which are Waldorf dolls. The moment I saw these, I knew I had to give them a try. They are quite a challenge to make but the result is wonderful. They just look so Zen and peaceful, don't they?
The body is made of cotton and wool, which makes them feel cuddly and warm. The eyes and mouth are hand stitched and the hair is made of soft felting wool, that is also stitched strand by strand to the head. The body is very flexible and poseable, so it's easy to change the clothing too. Almost everything about these dolls can be personalized. This particular one belongs to Irene, my older daughter and she loved her already, even before I stitched the hair in!

Any suggestions for the next one?

No comments:

Post a Comment